Reposted from Chowhound
As a huge shake lover, I was very pleased to see this recipe pop up. I’m also big on chocolate, so I added chocolate shavings to satisfy my sweet tooth, but you do you!
- 1/4 cup kava powder
- 1/2 cup room-temperature water
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup ice
- Place kava powder in the middle of an 8-by-8-inch piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter and tie tightly with butcher’s twine. Immerse in water and massage the cloth to thoroughly extract the fine powder, about 1 to 2 minutes. Squeeze the excess water from the cloth and discard.
- Combine kava mixture, coconut milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and ice in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
I hope you love this as much as I did. I recommend the chocolate shavings or some crushed oreos to add some more texture and sweetness to the mix, if that’s the sort of thing you’re looking for.