Reposted from FitFoodieFinds
I’ve been searching for a green kava smoothie for a while but I just couldn’t find one. So, I adapted one of my favorite regular green smoothies by putting kava into the mix. Modern problems require modern solutions!
- 1 cup frozen fruit (banana, mixed berries, tropical mix)
- 1 cup of fresh greens (spinach, kale, or arugula)
- 1/2 – 1 cup milk (almond, soy, coconut, cows, etc.)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground seeds (flax, chia, etc.)
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. We recommend starting with 1/2 cup of milk and going up from there depending on how thick you like your smoothies.
I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. The taste of the original smoothie really nicely balanced out the taste of the kava. If you’re looking for a green kava smoothie, I would definitely recommend this adaptation. Just add some of your fave fruits on top to finish it off and make it your own!